Part-time Purchasing Agent
Posting for Part-time Purchasing Agent
Chappaqua Central School District is currently looking for a Part-time Purchasing Agent who will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare all bid specifications for general bidding including-item specific technical details where necessary, and general conditions to be included in every notice to bid.
- Approve Purchase Requisitions and Issues all Purchase Orders.
- Ensure all purchases are in alignment with district policies, general municipal law, and municipal purchasing best practices.
- Coordinate with principals, supervisors, and department heads regarding school/department services and supplies needed throughout the year.
- Keep abreast of current price trends, market conditions, new and improved items of supply, and cooperative purchasing opportunities.
Experience overseeing purchasing activities of an organization is required.
Candidates must be eligible to take the Westchester County Purchasing Agent exam when offered. See required MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE below and job description available HERE.
Work schedule of 12-month, 17.5 hours per week, on-site.
Compensation between $45,000 and $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume via email to Andrew Lennon, Assistant Superintendent for Business, at AnLennon@chappaquaschools.org. Applications may also be submitted through OLASJobs.org (posting pending).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
Thorough knowledge of purchasing practices, NYS purchasing regulations, bid specification preparation, and related activities; ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail, and database software; ability to prioritize and track various projects and responsibilities; must demonstrate integrity and good judgment.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and either: (a) six years of office experience, four years of which included or was supplemented by purchasing activities for a commercial, industrial or governmental enterprise or agency; or (b) a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration and two years of the specialized experience described above; or (c) a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration and one year of the specialized experience described above.