2023 Scholastic Art Awards
Congratulations to the 8 Greeley students who had their original work recognized by the Northeast Art Region-at-Large of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards!
Together, they collected 11 Gold Keys, 3 Silver Keys, and 11 Honorable Mentions. Gold Keys were automatically forwarded for consideration at the national level of the Scholastic art Awards.
The very best works submitted to Region-at-Large programs.
- Daisy Bernardo - Algal Bloom - Printmaking
- Daisy Bernardo - Good Morning - Design
- Daisy Bernardo - Meeting Street - Printmaking
- Daisy Bernardo - Night Light - Drawing & Illustration
- Anwen Cao - Afternoon Stamp Carving - Drawing & Illustration
- Ziheng Ma - Shattered Face - Painting
- Julianne Wang - A sip of freedom - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Dragon's Spine - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Grandpa's Wagon - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Shield of Zeus - Photography
- Julianne Wang - take a look - Photography
Stand-out works submitted to Region-at-Large programs that demonstrate exceptional ability.
- Daisy Bernardo - Midnight Snack - Painting
- Anwen Cao - Studio 1 - Drawing & Illustration
- Julianne Wang - the heard prayer - Photography
Accomplished works submitted to Region-at-Large programs showing great skill and potential.
- Daisy Bernardo - Car - Mixed Media
- Daisy Bernardo - Monologue - Drawing & Illustration
- Daisy Bernardo - Pamela Reflects - Painting
- Daisy Bernardo - System - Mixed Media
- Anwen Cao - Monkey Bars - Comic Art
- Uchechi Emenike - Red Ribbon - Drawing & Illustration
- Ziheng Ma - Eyes and Faces - Painting
- Elliott Saiontz - The Door - Film & Animation
- Jenna Shaiken - girl that kinda looks like me - Drawing & Illustration
- Julianne Wang - Lemniskate Battle - Photography
- Tessa Wheeler - 2 Kool 4 Skool - Photography
Student submissions were blindly adjudicated by some of the foremost leaders in the visual arts. Jurors look for works that exemplify the Awards’ core values:
ORIGINALITY: Work that breaks from convention, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
TECHNICAL SKILL: Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
EMERGENCE OF A PERSONAL VOICE OR VISION: Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style