2023 Scholastic Art Awards
Congratulations to the 8 Greeley students who had their original work recognized by the Northeast Art Region-at-Large of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards!
Together, they collected 11 Gold Keys, 3 Silver Keys, and 11 Honorable Mentions. Gold Keys were automatically forwarded for consideration at the national level of the Scholastic art Awards.
The very best works submitted to Region-at-Large programs.
- Daisy Bernardo - Algal Bloom - Printmaking
- Daisy Bernardo - Good Morning - Design
- Daisy Bernardo - Meeting Street - Printmaking
- Daisy Bernardo - Night Light - Drawing & Illustration
- Anwen Cao - Afternoon Stamp Carving - Drawing & Illustration
- Ziheng Ma - Shattered Face - Painting
- Julianne Wang - A sip of freedom - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Dragon's Spine - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Grandpa's Wagon - Photography
- Julianne Wang - Shield of Zeus - Photography
- Julianne Wang - take a look - Photography
Stand-out works submitted to Region-at-Large programs that demonstrate exceptional ability.
- Daisy Bernardo - Midnight Snack - Painting
- Anwen Cao - Studio 1 - Drawing & Illustration
- Julianne Wang - the heard prayer - Photography
Accomplished works submitted to Region-at-Large programs showing great skill and potential.
- Daisy Bernardo - Car - Mixed Media
- Daisy Bernardo - Monologue - Drawing & Illustration
- Daisy Bernardo - Pamela Reflects - Painting
- Daisy Bernardo - System - Mixed Media
- Anwen Cao - Monkey Bars - Comic Art
- Uchechi Emenike - Red Ribbon - Drawing & Illustration
- Ziheng Ma - Eyes and Faces - Painting
- Elliott Saiontz - The Door - Film & Animation
- Jenna Shaiken - girl that kinda looks like me - Drawing & Illustration
- Julianne Wang - Lemniskate Battle - Photography
- Tessa Wheeler - 2 Kool 4 Skool - Photography
. . .just a few samples of their extraordinary work!
Student submissions were blindly adjudicated by some of the foremost leaders in the visual arts. Jurors look for works that exemplify the Awards’ core values:
ORIGINALITY: Work that breaks from convention, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
TECHNICAL SKILL: Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
EMERGENCE OF A PERSONAL VOICE OR VISION: Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style