Buttonhook RFP and Q&A
Information & Conditions of Sale. All bids/offers must be received by August 30, 2022 at 1pm. View the RFP HERE.
Questions Received & Answers
1. The Information & Conditions of Sale document refers to both “bids” and “offers”. Is this a bid or a request for proposals?
Answer: This is a request for proposals (RFP) and the Board of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any such bid/offer or may reject all such offers in its discretion.
2. Conditions of Sale item #5 states that the “bidder/offeror shall be solely responsible for the costs attendant to any State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) review…”, but item 7B requests proposals including “all government approvals for the property being developed with six single family building parcels.” Please clarify.
Answer: Costs pertaining to the final subdivision plat approval of the current proposed development plan of six single family building parcels will be the responsibility of the District. This includes upto and including final plat approval filed and accepted by the Town of New Castle Planning Board, Westchester County Department of Health final approval, Westchester County approval and recording of the subdivision plat for the six single family building parcels.
Costs associated with approvals for any other potential use of the property other than the six single family building parcels would be the responsibility of the successful bidder, consistent with the provisions set forth in item 5 noted above.
3. I am interested in purchasing only a portion of the property. Is this an option?
Answer: Items 7 A & 7 B of the request for proposals sets out clear expectations for proposals for the entire parcel of land.
4. I am able to collaborate with another buyer to purchase the entire parcel of land?
5. I am not interested in developing the property. How does that affect my proposal?
Answer: Bidders should present their best and highest offer for the entire property in accordance with items 7A and 7B of the Conditions of Sale.
6. Is the use of a “bridge loan” considered sufficient financial resources?
Answer: Payment to the District must be in full. The means used by the purchaser to present the monies for purchase is not a District issue.
7. Once proposals are received, what will be the timeline for deliberation and when will bidders receive back their bid deposit or bid bond?
Answer: A timeline will be shared with the community at the BOE meeting scheduled on August 31, 2022.
8. Can you provide an update on the DEP process?
Answer: The District submitted answers to the most recent letter on August 2, 2022. We are currently waiting for their response.