2022 Scholastic Art Awards
Congratulations to the 9 Greeley students who had their original work recognized by the Northeast Art Region-at-Large of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards!
Together, they collected 5 Gold Keys, 6 Silver Keys, and 2 Honorable Mentions. Gold Keys were automatically forwarded for consideration at the national level of the Scholastic art Awards.
The very best works submitted to Region-at-Large programs.
- Daisy Benardo - “Gym Class" - mixed media
- Daisy Benardo - “Buster’s Walk” - comic art
- Sophia Kong - “The Future Above our Heads” - painting
- Ziheng (William) Ma - “The Void Spider” - painting
- Gwendolyn Toll - “Eastern Ballet Costume" - fashion
Stand-out works submitted to Region-at-Large programs that demonstrate exceptional ability.
- Alice Hao - “Fading into the Forest” - painting
- Elias Herder - “Untitled” - architecture
- Taylor Quinto - “Farewell to Country” - digital art
- Gwendolyn Toll - Silver Key Portfolio
- Kelly Yan - “Odyssey into Memory” - architecture
- Leah Zhou - “Back Turned” - photography
Accomplished works submitted to Region-at-Large programs showing great skill and potential.
- Taylor Quinto - “Breathe” – digital art
- Gwendolyn Toll - “Second Layer of Skin" - sculpture
Student submissions were blindly adjudicated by some of the foremost leaders in the visual arts. Jurors look for works that exemplify the Awards’ core values:
ORIGINALITY: Work that breaks from convention, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
TECHNICAL SKILL: Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
EMERGENCE OF A PERSONAL VOICE OR VISION: Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style