2022 Scholastic Art Awards
Congratulations to the 9 Greeley students who had their original work recognized by the Northeast Art Region-at-Large of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards!
Together, they collected 5 Gold Keys, 6 Silver Keys, and 2 Honorable Mentions. Gold Keys were automatically forwarded for consideration at the national level of the Scholastic art Awards.
The very best works submitted to Region-at-Large programs.
- Daisy Benardo - “Gym Class" - mixed media
- Daisy Benardo - “Buster’s Walk” - comic art
- Sophia Kong - “The Future Above our Heads” - painting
- Ziheng (William) Ma - “The Void Spider” - painting
- Gwendolyn Toll - “Eastern Ballet Costume" - fashion
Stand-out works submitted to Region-at-Large programs that demonstrate exceptional ability.
- Alice Hao - “Fading into the Forest” - painting
- Elias Herder - “Untitled” - architecture
- Taylor Quinto - “Farewell to Country” - digital art
- Gwendolyn Toll - Silver Key Portfolio
- Kelly Yan - “Odyssey into Memory” - architecture
- Leah Zhou - “Back Turned” - photography
Accomplished works submitted to Region-at-Large programs showing great skill and potential.
- Taylor Quinto - “Breathe” – digital art
- Gwendolyn Toll - “Second Layer of Skin" - sculpture
. . .just a few samples of their extraordinary work!
Student submissions were blindly adjudicated by some of the foremost leaders in the visual arts. Jurors look for works that exemplify the Awards’ core values:
ORIGINALITY: Work that breaks from convention, blurs the boundaries between genres, and challenges notions of how a particular concept or emotion can be expressed.
TECHNICAL SKILL: Work that uses technique to advance an original perspective or a personal vision or voice, and shows skills being utilized to create something unique, powerful, and innovative.
EMERGENCE OF A PERSONAL VOICE OR VISION: Work with an authentic and unique point of view and style