HGHS Transition to Full-day, In-person Instruction
May 6, 2021
Dear Greeley Families and Students:
I am following up on yesterday’s webinar about our plans to transition to full-day, in-person instruction for all of our students. If you were unable to attend the meeting, please find the presentation slide deck HERE and video recording below.
Our plan is to begin our three-week phase-in process on Monday, May 10th.
Transition Weeks (link to schedule for remainder of year)
Transition Week 1:
We will transition to alternating cohorts for full days. This will allow us to refine the logistics associated with our lunch with half of our student population.
Transition Week 2:
We will transition to a single cohort for the morning session (alternating between blue and orange), and invite both cohorts in the afternoon. This will phase in our use of classrooms with 3-foot spacing, while providing additional time for us to configure the lunch block in anticipation for a full return.
Transition Week 3:
Invitation for all students to return to in-person learning.
- Remote instruction will continue to be available.
- Students will show Operoo clearance upon arrival, which will indicate completion of our daily health survey and confirmation of a student’s cohort. Please click HERE for instructions about how to set up Operoo on a student phone.
- Social distancing in classes will be reduced from 6 feet to 3 feet.
- Students will eat lunch outside, weather permitting. If raining, students will eat under tents, in our cafeteria, and in our Academic Commons.
- Our campus will be open for all students to leave and return during lunch.
We will monitor the level of community transmission in Westchester and make adjustments as necessary.
Thank you for your continued support as we work together to bring all students back to school.
Principal, Horace Greeley High School