Parent Notification - New Positive Cases - January 23-29, 2021
January 29, 2021
Good Afternoon Chappaqua Central School District Families,
Please see the aggregate account of our new COVID-19 cases for each building this week. As a reminder, I will only send a specific building notice if there is a COVID-19 exposure that results in a school exclusion of 5 or more individuals. We will continue our practice of immediately notifying families of students who have been exposed.
Number of New COVID-19 Positive Cases
Reported & Confirmed
1/23/21 - 1/29/21
New Cases By Bldg.
Person WAS infectious while onsite
New Cases by Bldg.
Person was NOT infectious while onsite
New Remote Cases
Person has not been onsite for at least 3 weeks from date of COVID-19 positive diagnosis and case has been confirmed by District
New Individuals Excluded from Bldg. due to onsite exposure
|District Office / Maintenance||-||-||-||-|
|**onsite exclusion includes District transportation**|
You may also view our community data on the New York State Department of Health dashboard.
Please remember, if your child has a positive COVID-19 test result, we need you to take the following steps in partnership with your child’s building principal:
Send a copy of your child’s test results (even if they are a remote student). We need this information to begin our process and to report our information accurately to the New York State Department of Health.
Provide a list of all CCSD individuals your child was within 6 feet of, for 10 or more cumulative minutes, over a 24 hour period, with a mask on.
Provide a list of all CCSD individuals your child was in a space with, without a mask on, for 10 or more minutes.
Provide a list of teams, activities, meetings, classes, etc. that your child participated in while infectious (the infectious period is two days prior to symptom onset or two days prior to test date if asymptomatic).
If you believe at any point that you may have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should self-quarantine and be tested for COVID-19. Visit the NY State Find a Test Site Near You webpage and enter your address to view a list of the nearest testing sites. In addition, if you suspect you are becoming ill, you should stay home. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, sore throat, and runny nose. Additional symptoms include muscle pain, fatigue, and sometimes vomiting or diarrhea. You should consult with your physician for medical advice in specific cases. For more information on COVID-19, please call: (866) 588-0195 or visit the Westchester County Department of Health homepage.
To ensure that we continue to provide the safest environment in our schools and to reduce COVID-9 exposure, please continue to follow the below procedures:
- You must complete the Operoo screener each morning if you are sending your child to school.
- If your child has a COVID-19 test result pending, they must access remote instruction until their results are known. (This is true even when a rapid test is negative but a PCR test result is pending.)
- If your child, or someone in your household, tested positive for COVID-19, your child must have documentation from a medical professional clearing them to return to school.
- If your child traveled outside of New York to a place designated as high risk they must access remote instruction until their 10-day quarantine is completed.
- If you followed the process for your child to “test out” of a travel quarantine, you must email both negative test results to the school nurse for review.
Thank you for your support and understanding. I will continue to keep you informed of the impact of COVID-19 on our school community.
Christine Ackerman, PhD
Superintendent of Schools