A message from the Athletic Director
Athletic Director’s Update #6
October 14, 2021
Good Morning Grade 7-12 Families,
As our fall sports season begins to wind down, I wanted to take a moment to provide you some important information and relevant dates regarding our upcoming winter sports season.
|Level||Winter Sports Offered|
Horace Greeley High School
Bell MS / 7B MS
|Tuesday, November 9th @ 6:30 p.m.||High School Winter Sports Parent Meeting|
|Monday, November 22nd @ 6:30 p.m.||Middle School Winter Sports Parent Meeting|
Vaccination Verification & Student Testing Procedures
As per our District COVID procedures, all student-athletes must either:
- Be fully vaccinated and have their information submitted in the Operoo system;
- Be tested weekly by CCSD on Mondays from 3-5pm;
- Or provide their own lab-verified negative COVID test each Monday by 5pm.
To understand our COVID testing procedures, please visit the District’s COVID Testing Management System (CTMS).
Additional COVID-19 Considerations
As of today, the District has not received guidance from Section One or the Westchester County Department of Health that addresses our winter sports program. At this time, you can anticipate that all indoor athletes will be masked and we will have spectator restrictions. We also know that some venues and schools will have policies in place for our athletes related to their own COVID protocols and expectations. For example, as of today:
- Purchase College (Boys Swim/Dive) requires that all participants, officials, and spectators be fully vaccinated, or provide a recent (72 hours) negative COVID test.
- The Armory, where we will compete for indoor track, requires all participants to be fully vaccinated.
With this in mind, all students are welcome to participate in our athletic program regardless of their vaccination status. However, we do want you to be aware there may be participation limitations, as described above, if your child is unvaccinated.
As we get closer to our start dates, and as more information becomes available, I will share this with you. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, or visit www.chappaquaschools.org/athletics.
Thank you for your continued support.
Director of Athletics, Physical Education & Health