A message from the Athletic Director
Athletic Director’s Update #3
August 20, 2021
Dear Horace Greeley High School Families,
I hope this email finds you well. I am excited to welcome back our student-athletes, coaches, and families to campus this coming Monday to start the fall season. I want to share with you the video link to our parent webinar held at 6:30 pm on Thursday. You may also view our slides here.
Please know that shortly before our webinar, the Section One Executive Committee issued a press release indicating that school districts would develop their own protocols and procedures related to COVID-19. Also, we have yet to receive any written guidance from the Westchester County Department of Health that addresses the athletic program.
I would also like to share the following resources for your reference:
- Athletic Update #2- Vaccination Verification/COVID-19 Testing Process
- CCSD Fall 2021 Interscholastic Athletics Plan
- SportsYou - Access Instructions (info, game & practice schedules for each team)
- Section One Heat Index Procedures
- Fall Sports Google Screener (to be completed when school is not in session by all athletes)
On Monday, August 23rd, all student-athletes will come to our fields using the pathway by the tennis court (except for girls volleyball, they will report directly to the gym). I will be available at the concession stand throughout the day to greet our students and assist with the screening process.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we plan forward.
Let’s Go Quakers!
Director of Athletics, Physical Education and Health