A message from the Athletic Director
Athletic Director’s Update #11
February 17, 2022
Dear Families of Students Eligible to Participate in CCSD Athletics,
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share with you UPDATED information regarding the return-to-play clearance process specific to student-athletes after having COVID-19.
The following language was sent to Superintendents on 2/15/22 from Dr. Amler, Westchester County Commissioner of Health, in response to clarity requested regarding clearance requirements for student-athletes who have had a COVID-19 diagnosis.
The Department of Health recommends following the school Medical Directors, as medical sports clearance has historically (and pre-Covid) been their primary responsibility.
Based on this adjustment, only CCSD students who had COVID after their yearly physical will need written clearance from their pediatrician to participate in our sports programs.
Spring Sports Registration and Start Dates:
- HS Spring Sports Registration Opened: February 14, 2022
- HS Spring Sports Tryouts/Practices Begin: March 14, 2022
- HS Spring Sports Parent Zoom Meeting: March 9, 2022, at 6 pm
- MS Spring Sports Registration Opens: February 28, 2022
- MS Spring Sports Practices Begin: March 28, 2022
- MS Spring Sports Parent Zoom Meeting: March 22, 2022, at 6 pm
I appreciate your continued support of our athletic program. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns
Director of Athletics, Physical Education & Health