A message from the Athletic Director
Athletic Director’s Update #10
January 25, 2022
Dear Families of Modified, JV, and Varsity Athletes (all seasons),
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share with you important information regarding the return-to-play clearance process specific to student-athletes after having COVID-19.
COVID-19 Clearance Procedures: Students who are diagnosed with COVID-19 by either a home or lab-confirmed test must have cardiac clearance to return to CCSD's interscholastic athletics program, even if they are not currently in season and even if they've been previously cleared for participation (example: A student that played a fall sport this school year and tested positive AFTER the season and isn't playing now, still needs this type of clearance prior to their next season). This clearance may be from your child's regular doctor. Please submit this documentation to the school nurse for review as soon as it is available.
Sport Sports Registration and Start Dates:
- HS Spring Sports Registration Opens: February 14, 2022
- HS Spring Sports Tryouts/Practices Begin: March 14, 2022
- HS Spring Sports Parent Zoom Meeting: March 9, 2022 at 6pm
- MS Spring Sports Registration Opens: February 28, 2022
- MS Spring Sports Practices Begin: March 28, 2022
- MS Spring Sports Parent Zoom Meeting: March 22, 2022 at 6pm
Thank you for your understanding. I appreciate your continued support of our athletic program. Please reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Director of Athletics, Physical Education & Health