A message from the Superintendent
Superintendent's Update #14
November 23, 2021
Dear Chappaqua Central School District Families and Staff,
The Westchester County Department of Health (WCDOH) will allow school districts to facilitate a Test to Stay (TTS) and a Testing Out of Quarantine process. This was confirmed verbally to Superintendents and also in a memo shared by the WCDOH with my Superintendent colleagues who distributed this information to regional superintendents. You can access this memo here (please note that I have requested, but not yet received, an updated document). You may also review the NYSDOH’s guidance memo that allows local health departments to facilitate Test to Stay and Test Out of Quarantine in their given communities here.
- Test to Stay: Close contacts can avoid school exclusion (but not other parameters of quarantine) by testing negative with a rapid BinaxNOW test on each school day for seven days after exposure. Testing will take place at Seven Bridges Middle School from 8:05am-8:30am Monday-Friday. To sign up for a Test to Stay appointment, please visit the District's COVID Testing Management System website.
- Testing Out of Quarantine: Individuals who have been in contact with a known case of COVID-19 may get a PCR COVID test on day five (5) to be released from quarantine on day seven (7). If the test is negative, the individual will be released from quarantine on day seven (7) provided they are without symptoms. The WCDOH has not shared how students will be released from quarantine on day seven (7), however CCSD will allow students who are not participating in Test to Stay to return to school on day seven (7) provided families submit a negative PCR test to the school nurse for review in advance of attending school.
Please also note the following additional information for your consideration:
- WCDOH Vaccination Dates: The WCDOH has confirmed that they will hold a vaccination clinic after school on December 16th and 17th at Bell Middle School. We will send out more information after the Thanksgiving holiday, as well as a link for families to schedule an appointment.
- Operoo - Vaccination Card Upload: Families currently have a survey in their Operoo account for each student. Once a student has received their second dose of the vaccine, please upload a copy of the CDC vaccination card here. This link can also be found on the District homepage.
- Symptoms Related to Vaccination - New NYSDOH Flow Chart: The NYSDOH has released updated guidance for school districts to follow when students are experiencing symptoms after receiving the vaccination. You may access this flow chart here.
- 2021/22 Continuity of Learning Plan: Our plan, which can be accessed here, has been updated to reflect the above adjustments.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Christine Ackerman, PhD
Superintendent of Schools