Agenda July 29, 2022
CHAPPAQUA CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Friday, July 29, 2022 - 7:30 A.M.
Online via Zoom Videoconference
Presiding Officer: Jane Kimmel Shepardson
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Call the meeting to order at 7:30 am.
2. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education hereby appoints Dr. Christine Ackerman as District Clerk Pro Tempore.
3. Proposed Executive Session, to discuss the employment history of particular persons, litigation and matters of health and safety, subject to Board approval.
4. Reconvene Special Board Meeting.
Rebecca Sotherden, Registered Nurse at Horace Greeley High School, effective August 1, 2022.
6. Recommended Action: Other
6.1 BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education hereby authorizes the law firm of Shaw, Perelson, May & Lambert, LLP to appeal from the July 5, 2022 Decision and Order of the Court in LCVAWCP-DOE v. James Collins, et al., Index No. 67488/2021, pursuant to the terms of the retainer agreement between the law firm and the District.
6.2 BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education hereby approves an agreement with KG&D Architects, PC, for Investigation, Document Preparation and Construction Oversight regarding the Horace Greeley High School F-J Bridge, dated July 27, 2022, and authorizes the Board President to sign the agreement.
7. Notice of Future Meetings
Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 7:30 pm
Horace Greeley High School - Auditorium
Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 10:30 am
Horace Greeley High School Auditorium
Any person who seeks accommodation based upon disability should contact the District Clerk,
Liisa Elsner at 238-7200, x-1002, at least five days prior to the meeting.
Chappaqua Board of Education
66 Roaring Brook Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514
PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES DURING MEETING