Minutes March 7, 2021
CHAPPAQUA CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Sunday, March 7, 2021, 11:00 AM
Via Zoom Videoconference
Presiding Officer: Victoria Bayard Tipp
Pledge of Allegiance: Holly McCall
Present: Board of Education
Victoria Bayard Tipp, President
Holly McCall, Vice President
Jane Kimmel Shepardson
Christine Ackerman, Superintendent of Schools
John Chow, Assistant Superintendent for Business
1. Call the Meeting to Order at 11:00 am.
President Tipp asked for a motion to open the meeting.
Motioned by Warren Messner to open the meeting at 11:02 am. Seconded by Jane Kimmel Shepardson. Motion carried 4-0. Board Vice President Holly McCall was not present.
2. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education hereby appoints Dr. Christine Ackerman as District Clerk pro tempore.
Motioned by Warren Messner to appoint Dr. Christine Ackerman as District Clerk pro tempore. Seconded by Victoria Bayard Tipp. Motion carried 4-0.
3. Proposed Executive Session, subject to Board approval, to discuss matters of health and safety.
Motioned by Warren Messner to adjourn into Executive Session at 11:02 am, to discuss matters of health and safety. Seconded by Jane Kimmel Shepardson. Motion carried 4-0.
Board Vice President Holly McCall joined the meeting at 11:04 am.
4. Reconvene Special Board Meeting
Motioned by Hilary Grasso to reconvene the public meeting at 11:31 am. Seconded by Victoria Bayard Tipp. Motion carried 5-0.
5. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board hereby authorized its President to sign a License Agreement dated March 7, 2021 with the Town of New Castle regarding the remediation by the Town of an oil spill, as presented to the Board at this meeting. A copy of said License Agreement shall be incorporated by reference within the minutes of this meeting.
Motioned by Jane Kimmel Shepardson to approve Item 5 as stated above. Seconded by Holly McCall. Motion carried 5-0.
6. Notice of Future Meetings
March 17, 2021 – 7:30 pm
Curriculum & Technology/Special Education/Athletics Budget Presentations
Horace Greeley High School - Auditorium
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 – 7:30 pm
Operations & Maintenance/Non-Instructional/Revenue/Tax Rates/Contingency Budget Presentations
Horace Greeley High School – Auditorium
Motioned by Warren Messner to adjourn the meeting at 11:37 am. Seconded by Hilary Grasso. Motion carried 5-0.
District Clerk / Secretary to the Superintendent