Agenda February 24, 2021
CHAPPAQUA CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 12:00pm
Via Zoom Videoconference
Presiding Officer: Victoria Bayard Tipp
Pledge of Allegiance - Holly McCall
This meeting will be closed to in-person public attendance. Governor Cuomo has allowed public bodies including school boards to fulfill their obligations to conduct business in the public eye without permitting in-person attendance by the public, “provided that the public has the ability to view or listen to such proceeding and that such meetings are recorded and later transcribed.
1. Call the Meeting to Order at 12:00 pm
2. Proposed Executive Session, subject to Board approval, to discuss the employment history of particular persons, contract negotiations, litigation, matters of health and safety and to receive advice from counsel.
3. Reconvene Special Board Meeting
4. WHEREAS, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association’s Section One Executive Committee has approved Girls Varsity Ice Hockey to be a varsity sport starting in the 2020-2021 winter Season; and
WHEREAS, all schools within Section One are welcome to participate in a multi-school merger, the number of teams being dependent on the number of schools and players involved;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that upon the Superintendent’s recommendation, the Board of Education hereby approves Chappaqua Central School District student participation in Girls Varsity Ice Hockey for the 2020-21 winter season and authorizes the Board President and Superintendent of Schools to sign the required Letter of Intent.
5. Notice of Future Meetings
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 – 7:30 pm
Superintendent’s Budget Proposal
Horace Greeley High School – Auditorium
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 – 7:30 pm
Horace Greeley High School - Auditorium
Any person who seeks accommodation based upon disability should contact the District Clerk,
Liisa Elsner at 238-7200, x1002, at least five days prior to the meeting.
Chappaqua Board of Education
66 Roaring Brook Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514
PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES DURING MEETING