Agenda April 28, 2021
CHAPPAQUA CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - 8:30 A.M.
Via Zoom Videoconference
Presiding Officer: Victoria Bayard Tipp
Pledge of Allegiance - Holly McCall
This meeting will be closed to in-person public attendance. Governor Cuomo has allowed public bodies including school boards to fulfill their obligations to conduct business in the public eye without permitting in-person attendance by the public, “provided that the public has the ability to view or listen to such proceeding and that such meetings are recorded and later transcribed.
1. Call the Meeting to Order at 8:30 am.
2. Proposed Executive Session, subject to Board approval, to discuss contract negotiations.
3. Reconvene Special Board Meeting
4. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board hereby ratifies the provisions of the Memorandum of Agreement executed by the negotiating teams for the District and the Chappaqua Congress of Teachers, hereinafter referred to as “the CCT”: Covering Employees with the Title of Teaching Assistant, dated April 20, 2021, and agree to incorporate the provisions of their 2018-2021 Collectively Negotiated Agreement into a three-year successor agreement, effective July 1, 2021 and terminating on June 30, 2024, and authorizes the expenditure of those moneys necessary to implement the provisions of the 2021-2024 CCT Collectively Negotiated Agreement.
5. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board hereby ratifies the provisions of the Memorandum of Agreement executed by the negotiating teams for the District and the Chappaqua Office Staff Association, dated April 9, 2021, and agree to incorporate the provisions of their 2018-2021 Collectively Negotiated Agreement into a three-year successor agreement, effective July 1, 2021 and terminating on June 30, 2024, and authorizes the expenditure of those moneys necessary to implement the provisions of the 2021-2024 COSA Collectively Negotiated Agreement.
6. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education approves the letter A Message From the Board of Education in the May 2021 School Budget Newsletter.
7. BE IT RESOLVED, that in light of the effects of the COVID -19 Pandemic in creating delays in building construction, the Board hereby suspends its Student Residency Policy 5090, as it relates to families establishing residence in the District during the 2020-21 School Year to enable tuition free attendance for four months followed by the payment of tuition for other months of attendance before their in-District housing is completed; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Board of Education hereby accepts a check in the amount of $4,604.00, which represents two months tuition for an elementary school student with regard to a non-resident tuition issue. This payment constitutes the resolution of this issue for the 2020-21 school year.
8. Notice of Future Meetings
Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 7:30 pm
Budget Hearing/Chappaqua Library Budget Presentation
Middle School Presentation
Horace Greeley High School – Auditorium
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 – 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Budget Vote & Election
Horace Greeley High School - Gymnasium
Any person who seeks accommodation based upon disability should contact the District Clerk,
Liisa Elsner at 238-7200, x-1002, at least five days prior to the meeting.
Chappaqua Board of Education
66 Roaring Brook Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514
PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES DURING MEETING