Agenda April 20, 2021
CHAPPAQUA CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Via Zoom Videoconference
Presiding Officer: Victoria Bayard Tipp
Pledge of Allegiance - Holly McCall
This meeting will be closed to in-person public attendance. Governor Cuomo has allowed public bodies including school boards to fulfill their obligations to conduct business in the public eye without permitting in-person attendance by the public, "provided that the public has the ability to view or listen to such proceeding and that such meetings are recorded and later transcribed."
Call the Meeting to Order at 9:00 am
1. Proposed Executive Session to discuss contract negotiations, subject to Board approval.
2. Reconvene public meeting.
3. WHEREAS, the Board of Cooperative Educational Services of Putnam/Northern Westchester County (thereinafter “BOCES”) has proposed its tentative administrative budget for the 2021-22 school year (July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022).
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the BOCES tentative administrative budget for the 2021-22 school year in the amount of $9,866,988 be, and hereby is, approved by the Board of Education of the Chappaqua Central School District.
4. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education casts one vote for each of the two vacancies to be filled on the BOCES Board for two, three-year terms, from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Mr. Michael Diamente, Teacher of Social Studies, Horace Greeley High School, effective June 30, 2021.
Ms. Katie Frattarola, Teacher of Special Education, Robert E. Bell Middle School, effective June 30, 2021.
Ms. Kathryn Mercury, Teacher of English as a New Language, Westorchard Elementary School, effective June 30, 2021.
6. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board hereby ratifies the provisions of the Memorandum of Agreement executed by the negotiating teams for the District and the CSEA, Local 1000 AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Chappaqua CSD Unit No. 9226, Westchester County Local 860, dated April 5, 2021, and agree to incorporate the provisions of their 2018-2021 Collectively Negotiated Agreement into a three-year successor agreement, effective July 1, 2021 and terminating on June 30, 2024, and authorizes the expenditure of those moneys necessary to implement the provisions of the 2021-2024 CSEA Collectively Negotiated Agreement.
7. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education approves Bid Award Recommendation B2021-03: Construction Labor and Materials: General Construction to Empire Core Group LLC., at various rates, effective April 21, 2021 through April 20, 2022.
8. BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Education approves the agreement with Stratagem Security, dated March 19, 2021, for 1) Hardwired doors (including elevator and handicapped door), 2) STEAM Center wireless doors, and 3) Wireless Infrastructure in the STEAM Center at Horace Greeley High School, in the amount of $65,952.04, and authorizes the Board President to execute the agreement.
9. Notice of Future Meetings
Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 7:30 pm
Budget Hearing/Chappaqua Library Budget Presentation
Horace Greeley High School – Auditorium
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
School District Budget Vote & Election
Horace Greeley High School – Gymnasium
Any person who seeks accommodation based upon disability should contact the District Clerk,
Liisa Elsner at 238-7200, x-1002, at least five days prior to the meeting.
Chappaqua Board of Education
66 Roaring Brook Road
Chappaqua, NY 10514
PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES DURING MEETING